1. Tie a Little Mermaid streamer using my pattern recipe and mail it to me by Oct. 31st.
2. Include a COMPLETE “printed” name and address INSIDE the envelope with your entry.
3. All entries will be on display in a frame at any of the Fly Fishing Shows I attend this season.
4. Any tier can submit an entry, but only one entry per person.
5. All entries must be tied by the person submitting them.
6. Reasonable substitutes for materials will be accepted and are listed with the pattern.
7. Flies will NOT be returned HOWEVER, there will be a drawing for a few small prizes including a Sharon E. Wright signed original presentation streamer, Whiting American Rooster Saddle, 2014 Fly Tyer magazines, and who knows what else will be tossed in!
Here’s the recipe-
Hook: Standard streamer hook, size 12-2 ( I tie these mostly in sizes 8 and 6, on hooks 6XL or 7XL for casting)
Tag: Flat gold tinsel
Rib: Flat gold tinsel
Body: Pink floss (sub.-pink yarn or chenille)
Belly: White bucktail (sub.-white hair)
Underwing: Krystal Flash in “peacock” (10-12 strands) (sub.- peacock herl or rainbow color Krystal Flash)
Wing: Gray saddle hackle flanked by grizzly hackle (sub.-white and grizzly, 4 grizzly, or tan and grizzly)
Shoulder: Mallard flank (sub.-teal, pale Hungarian partridge, pale gray hen tips, white wood duck breast feather)
Cheek: Jungle cock (sub. starling, synthetic jungle cock, or synthetic eye of any kind)
Sharon E. Wright
1 Farnsworth St.
Lisbon, Me. 04250